While we always pride ourselves on being modern maids of honor, there is something to be said for keeping certain things traditional- and that’s where our bridal shower word scramble comes in. This game is both easy-to-play and age-friendly (aka even the bride’s grandmother knows the rules to this one). Most importantly, it’s a super simple way to keep guests entertained during the gift-opening portion of the shower.
What do you need to play Bridal Shower Word Scramble?
- Enough of our FREE Bridal Shower Word Scramble printable game cards for each guest to have a copy.
- A pen/pencil for each player.
- A prize for the winner.
How do you play?
- When the bride is ready to begin opening her gifts, have guests gather into one area so you can start handing out game cards and pens/pencils.
- Once each player has their game card, do your best 3-2-1-go countdown.
- The guest who unscrambles all 28 words first wins!
Extra tips for playing
- Pass out the game cards face down so no player gets an unfair advantage.
- Make sure guests continue until they have unscrambled all 28 words in case the first to finish has made any mistakes.
- You don’t have to present this game as a race or even a competition. To play it as a filler game, have the game cards sitting out in a central area and allow guests to play at their own pace.
Bridal Shower Word Scramble printable preview (click image below to download)
BACK: Would She Rather
NEXT: Bridal Emoji Pictionary