Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning we earn commissions if you shop through the links below. Please read my disclaimer for more info.
When it comes to writing a maid of honor speech, the hardest part is knowing where to start. To help you put pen to paper, we’ve come up with a list of prompting questions that are sure to get the ideas flowing.
- How did you meet the bride?
- How did you meet the groom?
- How did the bride and groom meet each other?
- What’s your favorite memory with the bride?
- What’s your favorite memory with the groom?
- What’s your favorite memory with the couple?
- What 3 words would you use to describe the bride?
- What 3 words would you use to describe the groom?
- What 3 words would you use to describe the couple?
- How did you know the groom was “the one”?
- How did the groom propose?
- What do you admire most about the couple?
- What milestones have the couple celebrated?
- What challenges or hardships have they faced?
- What are their hobbies and interests?
- What are their likes?
- What are their dislikes?
- What makes them unique?
- What are your hopes for their future together?
- How have they made an impact on your life?
Answering all of these questions will allow you to sort through personal memories and help you decide exactly what you want to include in your maid of honor speech.
I love your site. It’s the most useful Ihave found. So many great ideas! Thank you for your help as this gave me a great jumpstart to getting prepared.
Thank you so much, Cyndi! And you are very welcome, I’m glad I could help 🙂