Bridal Shower Scattergories is one of our absolute favorite games to play at every bridal shower we attend because it’s the perfect mix of fun, competitive, and a bit tricky. Trust us when we say that this combination is sure to keep guests entertained and generate more than a few laughs. So if you’re in charge of throwing an upcoming bridal shower, featuring this game is a total no brainer!
What do you need to play Bridal Shower Scattergories?
- Enough of our FREE Bridal Shower Scattergories printable game cards so each guest (bride included!) has a copy.
- A pen or pencil for every player.
- A prize for the winner.
How do you play?
- Have guests gather into one area so you can pass out the Bridal Shower Scattergories game cards and a pen/pencil to each person.
- Once each player has their game card, set a timer on your phone for 10 minutes and allow guests to begin. Their goal is to come up with all 48 answer combinations.
- When the timer goes off, make sure all players have put their pen/pencils down.
- One by one, have guests read off their answers- starting with the letter L and ending with the letter E. If any two or more players have the same answer, they must cross them out.
- Each unique answer equals a point, and the guest with the most total points wins!
Extra tips for playing
- Pass out game cards face down so no player has an unfair time advantage.
- Take this game to the next level by allowing players to get double points by using the key letter (L-O-V-E) twice in their answers (i.e. wedding gift= Luxe luggage). HOWEVER, this does not count for adjectives (i.e. large luggage would not count)
- If there is any question as to the acceptability of an answer, take it to a group vote. The majority vote wins.
- This is one of those bridal shower games that may result in a multiple winners. We suggest purchasing 2-3 prizes just in case (you can always give them out to the 2nd and 3rd place players) or planning ahead with some sort of tie breaker round.